5.12.2016

SLEEPING PROBLEM | CHAMOMILE TEA


For five years (I think) I had problems sleeping and I wake up frequently once I get to sleep. Despite being tired and sleepy, I can stay up late until the next morning without drink any caffeine. Sometimes I get to sleep early around 9 o'clock to almost 11 o'clock, but then keep waking up around 12 o'clock to almost 5 o'clock and being unable to get back to sleep again. 

I usually go to bed at a regular time and I don't drink much caffeine, well I drink coffee only in the morning. I'm very relaxed and not stressed but the moment I switch off the lights and shut my eyes, I automatically see so images in my head. It's like too much going on in my head yet I don't know what I'm thinking about. Especially when I had extreme nightmares 3 days or more in a row. Yes, I'm suffering from sleep paralysis too, which is why it's hard for me to get a good night sleep. (I probably write about this for the next entry)


Image from source
However, since last week, I have been drinking chamomile tea for almost every day and finally, I get a good night's sleep and no more waking up at night anymore. My stepdad recommended this Organic Chamomile Herbal tea to me and I really like it. I've tried other brand but it doesn't taste good like this one. Which is the main reason I never think wanted to drink chamomile tea after that. As my sleeping problem getting worse, I had no choice than to drink chamomile tea and thought I have to bear with the taste.


Chamomile can be used topically or orally to treat a number of everyday ailments, most commonly used as a natural sleep product for sleeping disorder such as insomnia. It may help to calm your nerves, reduce anxiety and promote sleep. So, if you've been having sleepless or restless nights, a steamy and soothing mug of chamomile tea at bedtime may be just what you need to sleep soundly through the night. Simply make a chamomile tea 30 to 45 minutes before going to bed.

Other than that, chamomile reduces cramping and pain in the bowels and also helps to relieve excessive gas and bloating in the intestines. Also, it's a good cure for migraine headaches, premenstrual syndrome (PMS) and menstrual cramps, treat  burns and scrapes etc. 

Although chamomile is generally considered safe, some of the potential side effects of chamomile include drowsiness. You may have a higher risk of being allergic to chamomile tea if you are allergic to plants in the daisy family. Using chamomile during pregnancy is not recommended  as it may lead to miscarriage. - Source 

PS: I keep waking up these two days, couldn't get a good sleep because I'm running out of chamomile tea so yeah. Seems like I really need to drink chamomile tea before sleep. Meh

18 comments on "SLEEPING PROBLEM | CHAMOMILE TEA"
  1. sound good drinking chamomile tea but kat sini rasa dia kurang sedap, geram tau, terpaksa I drink green tea je untuk dapat good sleep hehe :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. really? hmm kat sini pun tak semua sedap xD first time minum rasa so yukky hehehehe. takpa claudy balik malaysia, seludup chamomile tea bagi fatin xD

      Delete
  2. okay cun teringin nak rasa dr US ni hehe :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amboi. haha then, im looking forward to meet up with you once im back to malaysia :)

      Delete
  3. nak try jugak this one sebab i love tea :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Try lah :) tapi pilih yg sedap tau xD

      Delete
  4. I once had trouble sleeping too but I didn't drink tea, I ate Maggi instead. My logic is if you can't sleep that means you're hungry. Lelz


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! That is one of my reason I can't sleep. But still tho, I can't sleep 😅

      Delete
  5. Sama la, saya pun susah nak tido,.bila terasa nak tido pulak tgok jam dah pagi time nak p kerja pula. Ermmm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sedihkan. then masa kerja sana lah sbuk mengantuk, cari tilam xD

      Delete
  6. I know how that feels too :'( selalu terjaga malam and susah nak tidur balik. And I can't force myself to sleep because the more you force yourself the more you can't sleep haha. nanti nak try petua ni lah ;D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally agree with this. I've been drinking tea for months and chamomile tea is on my list. Whenever I have stomach cramps or I want a very good sleep, I take it every evening. It has the most unusual taste as far as I know of because it's like you're eating a flower. Haha!

    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should try drink chamomile tea whenever I have stomach cramps then, never try before. I know right! that's why I never take chamomile tea after my first try. I can't bear the taste hahhaa

      Delete